What is Casai?
Since 2020, the way we travel has changed forever. Now, social distancing measures, remote work flexibility, and clean, safe practices have become the norm.
Guests today prioritize social responsibility, authentic experiences, a strong WiFi connection, and a place with home-like comfort.
As leaders in the travel industry, we know the importance of being one step ahead of the game. That is why we’ve created Casai: a hospitality brand known for its award-winning design, digitally fueled guest service, and cultural sustainability.
What is Casai?
Casai is a Latin American-based hospitality experience made for the travelers of tomorrow. We curate, custom-design and service boutique apartments that merge:
- The trendy design of a boutique hotel
- The reliable service of a 5-star hotel
- The local immersion of a vacation rental
How Casai started
Back in 2019, two savvy travelers, Nico Barawid and Maricarmen Herrerias saw the burning needs of the hospitality industry. And thus, they designed a service that would modernize the traditional hotel model.
We built a brand at the intersection of technology and guest obsession — Casai CEO, Nico Barawid
Nico was the head of expansion for a large U.S.-based FinTech company. In other words, he spent much of his career on the road. And as a business traveler with a desire for authentic travel experiences, he was in constant search of beautiful spaces. Particularly, those spaces that combined the seamless service of a 5-star hotel with the local immersion of a vacation rental.
On the other hand, Maricarmen spent several years as a hospitality strategist. She re-imagined what it meant to provide superior services for hundreds of properties across Latin America. And in the meantime, she developed a new approach to common hospitality challenges, like slow turnaround times for guest requests and data leveraging with proprietary technology.
And when they met, combined their industry expertise and frequent travel experience to create a concept that would reinvent hospitality as we know it.
- Mexico City: Firstly, Mexico’s cosmopolitan capital. Secondly, Casai’s native city. This international spot is the meeting ground for cuisines of all cultures, business opportunities, and world-class design. Plus, it is the ultimate destination to explore the country’s famous archeological sites. You can now find over 200 vacation homes in its best neighborhoods – including Polanco, Condesa, and Roma Norte.
- Tulum: This beach destination has become a world-class leisure spot. In other words, it is now the benchmark for boutique getaways. Tulum’s turquoise waters and lush jungles hide cenotes, Mayan ruins, and some of our favorite restaurants in the world. You can find Casai’s premium stays in the best locations across town, including Aldea Zama – an exclusive residential development.
- Cabo San Lucas: Cabo San Lucas is the newest addition to the Casai destinations. If you’re looking to explore the Mexican Pacific coast in style and comfort, be sure to check out our downtown suites. We’re too in love with our beach and mountain views, so it’s up to you which natural wonder you’d like to look at from your private balcony.
- São Paulo: The largest city in Latin America. You can explore the luxury neighborhoods of Jardins or Pinheiros – famous for their bars, restaurants and bustling nightlife. But you can always opt for the tranquil space of Campo Belo, only 5 minutes away from the Congonhas airport. Plus, for the business traveler, we offer stays at Itaim Bibi, Vila Olímpia e Vila Nova Conceição – the networking hubs of the city.
- Rio de Janeiro: Famously known as “the wonderful city.” Its amazing views, sun-kissed beaches, and skyline. For instance, Sugarloaf Mountain and Christ the Redeemer – are enough to get us booking a trip to Rio. And if you’re convinced as well, be sure to stay at a tailor-made Casai in Ipanema or Copacabana, two of its most popular neighborhoods.
What sets us apart?
We’ve created a lodging service unlike anything you’ve experienced before. Authentic local experiences, digitally-fueled guest service and homelike comfort are just the beginning.
There’s a team of over 400 Casai Hosts dedicated to bringing you our signature stays.
Here’s how we do it:
Step 1: We select beautiful apartments
in the best neighborhoods in Latin America
We have a deep commitment to local economic development. As business ventures, we generate an impact on our communities. And in Casai, we’re committed to making sure ours is a positive one.
Because of this, we’ve turned ourselves into expert city guides to let you in on the unmissable spots in every neighborhood. And we opt to work directly with local business owners to promote their brands.
You can check out our “Neighbors Guide“ for every city, where you’ll learn about restaurants, shops, and exciting projects from the creators themselves.
Our team of real estate experts hand-pick apartments that meet Casai’s standards in architecture and walkability scores. All of our apartments are well-situated in business hubs (for the business traveler) and stylish neighborhoods (for those who want a locally-immersive experience).
As our real estate lead in Mexico City Andrés Mendoza says, “We are responsible for providing the canvas where the Casai experience is created.”
Step 2: We outfit each apartment with
smart home technology
We are excited by the industry’s shift towards a tech-powered consumer experience and look forward to leading the way in research and development.
Each Casai offers smart TVs, Chromecasts, high-speed WiFi, and Google Home devices. Plus, we’re already implementing our own technological developments inside our apartments, including CasaiKey– our home-built door locks system.
We encourage guests to sync their Casai app to their apartment’s technology for the full experience. And we’re proud to offer smart spaces that pair with our sophisticated app to enhance our hospitality experience.
Step 3: We custom-design spaces
that tell local stories
To us, home is more than a physical space with familiar comfort. It’s that feeling of community integration and connection to those around you.
Our team works closely with local artisans to ensure every apartment aesthetically speaks the local language. This is why all of the design pieces featured in our spaces tell the stories of the communities we’re in.
Look for the stories in the art on your wall and take note of the traditional design techniques that have been passed down through generations. We want you to experience these local stories without leaving your front door.
Step 4: Finally, we welcome you home!
We’re here to make your stay as seamless and memorable as possible. Whether you’re traveling for work, vacation, or sticking around for a while, you can rely on our dedicated team of customer experience experts.
Our spaces, appliances, and amenities have been carefully picked-out, considering what we ourselves would want while on the road. And we’re always thinking about the next addition to improve your stay.
Plus, each Casai has been professionally deep-cleaned and sanitized prior to your arrival, for your safety and peace of mind. And if you ever need help or recommendations, you can reach out to our digital concierge team– available 24/7. So you can rest assured knowing everything’s been taken care of.
We can sit here for hours and tell you all about ourselves. But then again, Casai is first and foremost an experience to live.
You have a vast number of destinations ready to enjoy in 2022. If you’re ready to explore in style and comfort, we’ll be happy to make some (large) room for you.